[Q] Experimental phases only structures

Dear crystallographers,

I am preparing a structure for a publication and came to a standstill
about references involving structure determination based on experimental
phases only (no protein atoms contribution). The only reference I found
is Burling et al, 1996.

1. Would you please let me know if somebody else has published a
structure determined that way?

And a more general question for discussion:
2. What do you think about such an approach? Why aren't there more
crystal structure determinations like Burling et al., 1996?

Thanks,
Tzanko
--
Tzanko Doukov, UN-L,Dept of Chemistry, 729 HaH, Lincoln, NE 68588
tdoukov@unlgrad1.unl.edu; http://prophet4.unl.edu/~tzanko