MAD / MLPHARE

Hi

Does anyone have a feel for whether MLPHARE will over estimate the FOM
from its MAD analysis?
Secondly if you include the native and three wavelengths, given the sites
are all the same XYZ and differ only slightly in AOCC and OCC, how do we
judge the FOM.

I kind of worked to the assumption based on HM sites that if two deriv
occupy the same site MLPHARE overestimates the FOM.

The problem arises in that how do we evaluate whether including
additional data sets on a MAD problem are really improving things. I know
look at the map but I also would like to have a computational guide.

Any comments?

best
Jim

James H. Naismith                | Research mailto:naismith@st-and.ac.uk
Centre for Biomolecular Sciences | Teaching mailto:jhn@st-and.ac.uk
BMS Laboratories                 | Office: 1334-463792 (24 hr)
The North Haugh                  | Lab   : 1334-463776
The University                   | Fax   : 1334-467229
St. Andrews                      | In UK     add  0 to start of number
Fife Scotland                    | Overseas  add 44 to start of number
U.K., KY16 9ST                   | www     http://speedy.st-and.ac.uk/