RE: F-word: second thoughts

> Having sent this, I was actually motivated to look up the words
> in the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical terms:
>
> FREEZE: to solidify a liquid by removal of heat

As this "definition" has come up several times, my last word on that:
Under this definition you would freeze molten Fe into cast iron ingots.
Making sense is context sensitive in everyday language, and one more reason
to avoid context dependent terms like 'freezing' in scientific exchange.
If we have sharper definitions to describe the process, we might as well
use those.

Happy cryo-cooling!

BR