[ccp4bb]: infamous quotes

Dear All :

I beg for forgiveness that I am exceeding the scope of the ccp4bb
somewhat, but there are gems, worthwhile sharing, which
prove that that you should never assume that:

(a) you have seen it all
(b) such can't be true
(c) web tutorials achieve anything

So here, not a dvd april joke, but true and personally validated,
from Californian grad students, submitted by a dear collegue:

Crystallography can be defined as a wave.

In order to solve the electron density of a crystal structure
three valuable data set are needed: The amplitude and frequency
can be obtained by the x-ray data, the phase cannot.

One can use structural information to predict a more
accurate structure from x-ray crystallography.

The objective is to determine enthalpy change of various
acids and base when they react in a controlled environment
with demonized water.

A day in the classroom saves a year in the funny farm
Dr. Bernhard Rupp
Macromolecular Crystallography               Phone (925) 423-3273
LLNL-BBRP L448                               Phax  (925) 424-3130
POB 808                                      Emerg (800) 313-2310
Livermore, CA 94551                          email    br@llnl.gov
URL                                 http://www-structure.llnl.gov
EU Mirror  http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP14/ccp/web-mirrors/llnlrupp
Private email/URL                       http://www.vienna-air.com