Re: [ccp4bb]: NCS with molecular replacement

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Edward Berry wrote:

> Jeff Taylor wrote:
> > I have a rather sticky molecular replacement problem and I'm looking for

> You could use a multimer as the search model. This would make sense
> if it is a multimer in solution so that the same multimeric arrangement
> is present in both crystals.

i think this is doubtful since the other crystal form (with one monomer
in the asymmetric unit) is P6(1); i.e. it has a screw axis.

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones" - Richard Dawkins
                        David J. Schuller
                        modern man in a post-modern world
                        University of California-Irvine
                        schuller@uci.edu