Re: [ccp4bb]: Protin in CCP4i

Paul Hubbard wrote:

> ***    CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html    ***
>
> Hi,
>
> Could any CCP4i'ers tell me how to increase MXT. I have 9 chain types and
> PROTIN crashes with:
>
> **TOO MANY CHAIN TYPES - RESET MXT **
>
> Is there a *.script file I need to edit?
>
> Thanks
>
> ags

 You can edit MXT=8 throughout PROTIN.f

 But do you really have 9 chain types? That would be a big complex.

 Remember that just because one copy of a chain is incomplete that you
dont need to define it as a different chain type, and all non-protein
"chains" can be assigned the same TYPE - viz - nonprot..

 Eleanor Dodson

> Paul Hubbard
> Department of Biochemistry
> Medical College of Wisconsin
> 8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
> Milwaukee
> Wisconsin. 53226
>
> Tel: 414-456-4305
> Fax: 414-456-6510
> WWW: http://141.106.40.30

Eleanor J.Dodson, Chemistry Department, University of York, U.K.
Tel: Home +44 (1904) 42 44 49, work:  +44 (1904) 43 25 65