[ccp4bb]: RE: Problems running arp_warp using the GUI

Following my message to the CCP4bb about running arp_warp and obtaining the
error message,
'CCP4 termination status 0 subscript out of range on file line 3967,
procedure arpmkh. Attempt to access the 0th element of variable ?
***execution termminated***',

the following steps were suggested

Altering the arp_warp.f file

>> diff arp_warp.f-old arp_warp.f-new
>>
>> 3967c3967,3969
>> <       IF(LGL.LT.KFH.AND.X(LGL).LT.X(LGL+1))LGL=LGL+1
>> ---
>> >       IF(LGL.LT.KFH)THEN
>> >         IF(X(LGL).LT.X(LGL+1))LGL=LGL+1
>> >       END IF
>>
>> or if you prefer it in context
>>
>> *** 3964,3970 ****
>>         KHW=LGL
>>         LGL=LGL+LGL
>>         IF(LGL.GT.KFH)GOTO 100
>> !       IF(LGL.LT.KFH.AND.X(LGL).LT.X(LGL+1))LGL=LGL+1
>>         IF(AU.GE.X(LGL))GOTO 100
>>         X(KHW)=X(LGL)
>>         IWZ(KHW)=IWZ(LGL)
>> --- 3964,3972 ----
>>         KHW=LGL
>>         LGL=LGL+LGL
>>         IF(LGL.GT.KFH)GOTO 100
>> !       IF(LGL.LT.KFH)THEN
>> !         IF(X(LGL).LT.X(LGL+1))LGL=LGL+1
>> !       END IF
>>         IF(AU.GE.X(LGL))GOTO 100
>>         X(KHW)=X(LGL)
>>         IWZ(KHW)=IWZ(LGL)
>>
>> ! signifying the lines to change.

Then:
>check the dates, if the fortran source code is older than the
>executable
>then
>
>touch arp_warp.f
>
>next type
>
>make arp_warp
>
>in the $CCP4/src directory, followed by
>
>make install
>
>or alternatively just copy the executable from the $CCP4/src
>to where ever
>they are accessed normallly.

Following these steps now results in the  normal termination of arp_warp.
Many thanks for all suggestions and particularly to Charles Ballard for his
guidance through this problem.

Lorna Perkins

Lorna Perkins
Biophysics Department