Re: [ccp4bb]: HKL Workstation

for a PC-based LINUX system, i would suggest VALinux as a vendor that can put
together a nice, well-integrated system.

we run HKL on alpha's as well.....much faster, not too much more expensive. as a
synchrotron
site we need to have the fastest, etc., so perhaps PC-based systems are adequate
for home labs,
but for ~$20K you can get a 2-processor screamingly fast alpha-based computer.

thomas
TNEarnest@lbl.gov