Re: [ccp4bb]: Re: protin.dict files with automated ARP scripts

Flip Hoedemaeker wrote:

> ***    CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html    ***
>
> I'd like to follow up on this discussion in the arp-users list (also
> relevant for CCP4 I think:
> >

> I have modified protin.dic once to include info for glycerol, but the
> documentation is not completely clear on this. Apparently there are
> separate tables for bonds, angles, torsion, angles chiral centres etc
> but these are not labeled as such. I also missed these labels in the
> MAKEDICT output, so it took some fiddling to get it all right. Have I
> missed something or could this documentation be improved?
>
> Flip

 Oh Flip - this is awful I agree.. There is documentation on the
dictionary in protin.html but it is opaque to say the least!

 Garib/Alexei are working hard to replace PROTIN with a more flexible
and easier to comprehend dictionary so it is a bit pointless to put a
lot of effort into makedict or protin.

However you are right - there are seperate tables for bonds+angles;
chirality and planarity.

The torsion table is pretty unimportant and I usually dont create one of
those:

The bonds+angles table is created by MAKEDICT, but you have t produce
your own chirality and planes list. I use a template from one of the
other examples!

 Eleanor