[ccp4bb]: linux clusters vs PCs

Is there any advantage to using linux PC clusters for intensive
crystallography calculations (eg Sharp, solve, SnB, CNS, shelx) over
separate worstations?..Can the programs take advantage of this sort of
set-up?
Anybody tried?

If not, the only advanatge I can see would be as a central file
server...i.e. RAID (but I don't really know what I'm talking about)

Thanks

  Peter Moody                            Direct Line +44 (0)116 2523366
  Department of Biochemistry                   FAX   +44 (0)116 2523473
  Adrian Building
  University of Leicester                Email pcem1@leicester.ac.uk
  University Road
  Leicester.