[ccp4bb]: DM problem ... low resolution problem?

Dear all,
    I 've just set up twelve-fold NCS averaging with DM. I only have 8A
data and the initial phases come from an EM reconstruction I have
positioned in the asymmetric unit using information from self-rotation
function
and Patterson... (it could be wrong!). Anyway I asked DM to use data
between 8-45A and
phase extend from 18A. But before going very far DM abandons with the
message:

dm: (CALCSCALE) - insufficient resolution: enter a SCALE card.

Can anyone give advice to get round this please?
Space-group is P41, cell a=b=265, c=660. 47582 unique reflections to 8A.

    thanks
    Stephen

Dr. Stephen Cusack,
Head of Grenoble Outstation of EMBL
Group leader in structural biology of protein-RNA complexes and viral
proteins

Permanent address:

Email: cusack@embl-grenoble.fr
Website: http://www.embl-grenoble.fr
Tel: (33) 4 76 20 72 38
Fax: (33) 4 76 20 71 99
Postal address:   EMBL c/o ILL, PB156, 38042 Grenoble cedex 9, France
Delivery address: EMBL c/o ILL, Polygone Scientifique,
                  6 Rue Jules Horowitz, 38000 Grenoble, France