Re: [ccp4bb]: non-flat tyrosine

Stefan Bäckström wrote:

> I have a high resolution structure in which I have a tyrosine where the
> zeta carbon and the hydroxyl group is tilted a little bit and is not
> exactly in the same plane as the ring. When I look at 3 sigma, the
> density clearly supports this. Can this be the case or is it just my
> eyes that needs some maintenance ?

I would be careful here -- is this not an artefact of your
refinement, whatever geometry target you use?
Maybe you should simply calculate a omit map for this
residue and see whether the density is indeed not quite flat...

Sergei.

--
Sergei V. Strelkov, Ph.D.                   Tel. ++41 61 267 2091 (lab)
M. E. Mueller-Institut,                                  692 3625 (home)