[ccp4bb]: NCS averaging

Dear All,

What is the easiest (or best) way to get a NCS matix out of a phased
map? I got below average MAD-phased map,  and I know
2 Se position. There are 2 monomer per ASU.  I tried FINDNCS ( I also
have 4 very very weak Pt site positons), and the result seems not
very convincing.  From the non-averaged DM map, I can see the solvent
boundary, and I can barely see the two molecules.  I need to
get the correct NCS-mask, or correct NCS matrix. When I put the NCS
matrix I got from FINDNCS in DM, it didn't give me anything better
then I got non-averaged map.
I have also played with MAPROT, MAPMASK, NCSMASK, tried to get a ncs
mask but without success.
Thanks for any help.

Jinsong

PS: Anyone solved MAD with one Se in a 260 A.A. protein?  Any
experience? Thanks.

"The DAO is not a real DAO when it can be talked about."
                                                ---(DAO DE JING)
Jinsong Liu, Ph.D.
Tularik Inc.
Two Corporate Drive                     Phone: 650 825-7054
South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA      Email: jsliu@tularik.com