[ccp4bb]: R.S. A.U. limits

Dear All :

Jesus Christ I am sorry I stirred up emotions that high
with my question.....
Thanks for the tips and please forgive me for
using EXTEND....I repent and I changed all to MAPMASK.

Adding another variable 'arplim' to the project and
resectioning the map (suggested by both Eleanor and
Tassos) before ARP fixed my problem.
However, the heated discussion about inconsistent use
of RS AUs warrants some attention. Would an improved CCP4
SG/AU summary page including the au lists (like Tassos sent)
for ALL CCP4 programs and highlighting the traps and
workarounds wrt the space group settings be considered?

Running until crash and post-mortem conceiving a cludge from
consulting the error logs is quite doable on an individual
basis, but for highly automated routine
tasks it makes scripting difficult. Despite the convenience
of complete packages like arp 5.1 - there are
cases when the manual scripting is still needed for various
reasons.

Thx again, BR

Experience : Mental Phase Bias
Dr. Bernhard Rupp
Macromolecular Crystallography               Phone (925) 423-3273
LLNL-BBRP L448                               Phax  (925) 424-3130
POB 808                                      Emerg (800) 313-2310
Livermore, CA 94551                          email    br@llnl.gov
URL                                 http://www-structure.llnl.gov
EU Mirror  http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP14/ccp/web-mirrors/llnlrupp
Private email/URL                       http://www.vienna-air.com