Re: [ccp4bb]: dodgy indexing

Dear Jan
        - I have seen patterns with similar problems at low resolution. I
wondered if it was due to the outer layers of a crystal becoming more
disordered than the bulk of the lattice during the cryoprotection
treatment. These outer layers might contribute more 'mosaic' reflections
and of course only diffract to lower resolution. The diffraction pattern
includes everything in the beam of course: good, bad, and ugly. I have
seen a similar effect with sample inhomogeneity in fibre diffraction. If
this is right then maybe you can cure the problem by improving the
treatment for cryoprotection.
         - regards
                 Martyn