RE: [ccp4bb]: SUMMARY: Selenomethionine oxidation during RP-HPLC

Pardon me but do not get that. The Se has a absorption edge, no matter what.
The stronger 'oxidized' edge is probably an electronic effect at the XANES
creating
an additional component seen as a white line feature (the peak above the
edge jump level). A different chemical environment shifts the edges (up
energy when oxidized, few eV) and may lead to a superposition and thus
broadening of the edge. The no signal theory I do not understand?

I also do not quite understand what exact species the 'oxidized Selenium'
or what oxidized Se-Met actually is. Does anyone have some insight into
that?

Thx, BR