Re: [ccp4bb]: re Semet from David Borani

> I don't understand the rather cavalier attitude towards Se-Met oxidation.

Well, because it's worked before - see references in my previous email.
As well as in other cases where I couldn't crystallize the protein with
DTT, and so had to settle for adding it just before freezing.

> I would imagine that the properties of most proteins would be altered if you
> suddenly stuck a (delta+)Se--O(delta-) bond in the middle of the hydrophobic

Dunno - apparently not in a handful of bacterial enzymes :-)

phx.