Re: Including files

> If I, say, want to include the contents of the file 'cards.dat' in this script,
> it would be logical to write,
>
>   ccp4prg           \
>   HKLIN   foo.mtz   \
>   HKLOUT  foout.mtz << EOF > ccp4prg.log
>
>   CARD    arguments
>   @cards.dat
>   END
>   EOF
>
> However, for some reason this seems to work for some CCP4 programs (like
> mtzdump) but not for others (like mlphare, where it could be much more useful
> because mlphare actually outputs the refined HA parameters in input script
> format).

This is how you're supposed to do it, and trying it on some simple
examples (scaleit and mlphare) it seems to work for me. But frankly
I never used this before myself, and don't know how well used=tested
it is. Maybe you could send us some details of how it fails for mlphare??

Regards,

Martyn

--

*** Support DIAMOND at Daresbury *** http://www.diamond.freewire.co.uk/

*                  Dr. Martyn Winn                                       *
*      Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington, WA4 4AD, ENGLAND     *
*      Tel: +44 1925 603455    E-mail: m.d.winn@dl.ac.uk (personal)      *
*      Fax: +44 1925 603124    E-mail: ccp4@dl.ac.uk  (CCP4 problems)    *
*          URL: http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/martyn/martyn.html          *