Re: Including files

> Dave Love writes:
>  > If there is a bug with the `@' construct that you need to work round,
>  > you can do fairly general things with `here documents' in Bourne shell
>  > (/bin/sh).  A straightforward way to do the case in point is:
>  >
>  > ccp4prg <<+
>  > CARD    arguments
>  > `cat cards.dat`
>  > END
>  > +
>
> Doh! I knew there must be a way to do this.
>
> BTW, it works great in csh and tcsh as well. However, it will fail if
> you quote the end-of-file marker (+ in Dave's example) in any way.
>
> Kevin

Well, I wasn't going to go public on this, but maybe I'd better ....
Ditlev's problem appears to have been `user error` and the @ construct
appears to be alive and well (although rumours of a problem with refmac),
so no need to get shell-shocked.

Martyn

--

*** Support DIAMOND at Daresbury *** http://www.diamond.freewire.co.uk/

*                  Dr. Martyn Winn                                       *
*      Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington, WA4 4AD, ENGLAND     *
*      Tel: +44 1925 603455    E-mail: m.d.winn@dl.ac.uk (personal)      *
*      Fax: +44 1925 603124    E-mail: ccp4@dl.ac.uk  (CCP4 problems)    *
*          URL: http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/martyn/martyn.html          *