Re: [ccp4bb]: How to superimpose one n2c & another c2n

if you have O, there's an (OMAC) macro called reverse_chain.omac
(ftp://xray.bmc.uu.se/pub/gerard/omac/reverse_chain.omac)
that will invert the chain direction of part or all of your
protein molecule. apply it to either one of your proteins
(but not both, obviously), and then align the reversed
one with the (unreversed) other protein using your favourite
superpositioning program (O, or LSQKAB, or LSQMAN - see
http://xray.bmc.uu.se/usf/dejavu.html for the latter)

--dvd

(if anyone needs a french translation of the above ...
tough luck)

> I find Ca trace of two proteins are similar, but in different N-termal,
> C-terminal direction, like one from residue id 200 to 300 but another 500
> to 400 in same topology. How can I superimpose that, is there any example?
> Many thanks.
>
> Merak Zhang

Subliminal link:

<SUBLINK TIME=10 UNIT=MILLISECONDS>
http://xray.bmc.uu.se/dombo/ccpbore.html
</SUBLINK>

                        Gerard J.  Kleywegt
Dept. of Cell & Molecular Biology  Bolshevik University of Uppsala
                Biomedical Centre  Box 596
                SE-751 24 Uppsala  SWEDEN

    http://xray.bmc.uu.se/gerard/  mailto:gerard@xray.bmc.uu.se
   The opinions in this message are fictional.  Any similarity
   to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.