[ccp4bb]: preventing oxidation of Selenium

      I apologize that this is not a ccp4 question, but I know many of
you have experience with selenium-derivatized proteins and was curious to
know if there was a consensus on what strategy is best to use to prevent
oxidation of seleno-methionine.

      I will be obtaining a 40mer peptide which oligomerizes and has 1
selenium/chain. I was wondering if anyone could offer any tips on
preventing oxidation:  is it enough just to add 10mM DTT or considering
this is a peptide is it better to use a glove bag purged with nitrogen?
Also, how long can a SeMet crystal be manipulated while exposed to air?

Thanks!
Ilana