[ccp4bb]: stabilizing SeMet crystals

Hello,

We are looking for suggestions to try improving the stability of SeMet
substituted crystals.  The native crystals are stable to handling,
cryocooling, etc.  However, the SeMet substituted crystals are very fragile
and frequently crack when the coverslip is removed from the tray, when the
crystal is placed on a loop or when placed in cryo protectant solution.  Out
of about 50 crystals we have mananged to collect a 2.0 ang data set in house
using one of the SeMet substituted crystals, which shows no significant cell
or space group changes compared to the native crystals.  While we have kept
this crystal in cryogenic storage, it would be nice to have some backups.
Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Dave Timm
Indiana Univ. School of Medicine