Re: [ccp4bb]: Ramachandran Idealization

Hello Paul,

A nice set of web-based programs can be found on:

http://itchy.embl-heidelberg.de/servers2/

These web-based programs can check, validate and repair your model...
You probably can obtain the program for in house use too...

good luck!

Rene

Paul Hubbard wrote:

> ***    CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html    ***
>
> Hi,
>
> Quick question regarding a homology model I've built. One could argue this
> is redundant since it's only a predicted structure - but...
>
> Is there a program available which can introduce appropriate phi/psi
> angles to a given structure so that ramachandran competent regions are not
> violated. In other words, can I get my hands on some software which can
> clean up a bad structure and make the ramachandran plot look nice. I have
> quite a few unplesant residues which would take some time to fix manually.
>
> Thanks
>
> ags

> Paul Hubbard
> Department of Biochemistry
> Medical College of Wisconsin
> 8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
> Milwaukee
> Wisconsin. 53226
>
> Tel: 414-456-4305
> Fax: 414-456-6510
> WWW: http://141.106.40.30

Rene M. de Jong         Mail: R.M.de.Jong@chem.rug.nl

Laboratory of Biophysical Chemistry - Protein Crystallography Group
Nijenborgh 4, 9747 AG Groningen, The Netherlands
Tel: ++31(0)50-3634395 (lab) Tel: ++31(0)50-5736788 (home)
fax: ++31(0)50-3634800