Re: [ccp4bb]: TRUNCATE

Yes!
Using the NOHARVEST keyword just avoids the problem by
turning off the harvesting option which uses cif_mmdic.lib
We would strongly urge people to try out harvesting, see
the distributed file harvesting.html
(if you try the DL version, you'll find our site is down -
back soon we hope!)

Martyn

> If you run "make realclean" after installing CCP4, it deletes
> $CCP4/lib/data/cif_mmdic.lib  along with all the object files
> and intermediate files it is supposed to be cleaning up.
>
> If you copy this file to a safe place before "make realclean"
> and restore it afterwards, then you will be able to run truncate
> with data harvesting.
>
> A more elegant fix is given on the problem page at:
> http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/problems.html
>
> Bing Hao wrote:
> >         I had the same problem before. I just added 'noharvest' in the
> > script and it works.
> >
> > On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Mary Li wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > When I run truncate, I got the following message,

> > > ERROR/FATAL) <<<<
> > >         (Raised in ccif_mapfile)
> > > Cannot open file
> > > /usr/local/pub/ccp4/version_401/lib/data/cif_mmdic.lib
> > > for reading!
> > >

> > > Is there anyone tell me how to correct it? Followed
> > > please find the input file.
> > >
> > > Thank you very much!
> > >
> > > #!/bin/sh
> > > # convert Is to Fs and Ds.
> > >
> > > truncate hklin vbbp.mtz \
> > >          hklout vbbp2.mtz <<eof
> > > title vbbp data
> > > truncate yes
> > > nresidue 439
> > > labout  F=FP SIGF=SIGFP
> > > eof
> > >
> > > Mary

> > > Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
> > > http://photos.yahoo.com
> > >

> --
> Edward A. Berry, MailStop 3-250
> Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
> 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA 94720
> Phone: +1-510-486-4335
> Fax: +1-510-486-6059
> Jfax +1-530-323-9836 (you send fax, I receive email)
> e-mail: EABerry@lbl.gov

*                  Dr. Martyn Winn                                       *
*      Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington, WA4 4AD, ENGLAND     *
*      Tel: +44 1925 603455    E-mail: m.d.winn@ccp4.ac.uk (personal)    *
*      Fax: +44 1925 603124    E-mail: ccp4@ccp4.ac.uk  (CCP4 problems)  *
*          URL: http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/martyn/martyn.html          *