Re: [ccp4bb]: Problems to run scala on Alpha

Miguel Ortiz Lombardia wrote:

> ***    CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html    ***
>
> Dear all,
>
> I have compiled the CCP4 suite (v4.0.1) on a DEC Alpha machine:
> OSF1 bohr.immstr.pasteur.fr V4.0 564 alpha
>
> The compilation is OK, no error messages (only some warnings). I haven't
> checked all the programs. The ones I have tried run OK, but scala,
> which produces the following error:
>
> /sbin/loader: Fatal Error: set_program_attributes failed to set heap start
>
> I have recompiled scala with MAXPMR and MAXPAR set to 1000 instead of 2000
> but this changes nothing.
>
> I would appreciate any hints.
> Thank you very much in advance,

Hi,

just use the "unlimit" command... you probably have some limitation sets
on your machines that prevents you from using all the available
memory...

try this :

limit
unlimit
limit

limit will tell you the memory you can use
unlimit will remove such limitations, if any (check with your sysman if
you are not allowed to use unlimit)
the second limit command will tell you if the unlimit did anything...

this might also occur with mosflm version 6.

hope this helps

laurent

Laurent Maveyraud
Groupe de Cristallographie Biologique  -  IPBS-CNRS

205, route de Narbonne       	 Tel (+33) 05 61 17 54 35
31077 TOULOUSE CEDEX        	 Fax (+33) 05 61 17 54 48
France                       	 mailto:laurent.maveyraud@ipbs.fr