Re: [ccp4bb]: CCP4 and Linux

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 07:56:47PM -0700, Alex W. Smith wrote:
> ***    CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html    ***
>
> Hello all:
>
> I am trying to install CCP4 4.0 on my Linux (Red Hat 6.2)system.  CCP4
> seems to have installed fine, but the Tcl/tk/BLT package will not
> install properly.  I download the tcl_tk_blt.tar file from SDSC  and
> tried using the build_tcltk.sh script.  I had to edit the tclPosixStr.c
> script to get tcl/tk installed.  Those two seemed to work fine.
> However, I get an error ( tkAppInit.c  [error]) when the make runs for
> blt.  It seems there is a problem with the libraries and wish.
>
> Can anyone help?

Hi Alex,

Did you change in the ccp4.setup the line invoking tcl/tk to:

setenv CCP4I_TCLTK /usr/local/bin

Redhat puts there the tcl/tk programs (provided you ask for their
installation). I presume, however, that you didn't ask redhat to install
tcl/tk (if so, you would'nt need tcl_tk_blt.tar) The distribution contains
all the rpm relevant to do so, and this is better than trying to install
it from the scratch.

Hope this helps,

Miguel
--