Re: [ccp4bb]: a crystal moubting problem

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Alan Tunnicliffe wrote:

> ***    CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html    ***
>
> Hi Guan
>
> How do you want to collect your data, room temperature or 100K ?
> Here is a technique which may help in either case.
>
> Before trying to remove any crystals from your drop,
> try covering the whole drop with parafin oil, then

I've found that perfluoropolyether oils work even better than paraffin
oils. Unfortunately, it's so long since I've bought any that the one I
used is no longer sold :-( However, a search for me and perfluoropolyether
on dejanews might throw up a reference to an active supplier!

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Hills
Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH