Re: [ccp4bb]: Default B-factor

> Dear all
>
> Does CCP4 (Refmac) reset the value of B-factor to a minimum positive value
> if the value goes negative. What is default value of B-factor in refmac?
>
> From
> deepthi

Yes, by default B factors are limited to the range [2,1000], see
the BLIMIT keyword. The same for refmac5, though I believe the
default is now [2,500]. I think the program has problems with small/negative
B factors.

Do you know why you have negative B's? Is the scaling OK?

Martyn

*                  Dr. Martyn Winn                                       *
*      Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington, WA4 4AD, ENGLAND     *
*      Tel: +44 1925 603455    E-mail: m.d.winn@ccp4.ac.uk (personal)    *
*      Fax: +44 1925 603124    E-mail: ccp4@ccp4.ac.uk  (CCP4 problems)  *
*          URL: http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/martyn/martyn.html          *