Re: [ccp4bb]: NCS averaging

Dear Jinsong,

if you have some kind of proper NCS (i.e. Cn or Dn symmetry) you could
use a selfrotation function to determin the rotational part and GETAX
to find the translation. There is an example script to do both in the
CCP4 distribution:

  $CCP4/examples/unix/non-runnable/getax-ncs-search

Let me know if you need any help with this.

Cheers

Clemens

> What is the easiest (or best) way to get a NCS matix out of a phased
> map? I got below average MAD-phased map,  and I know
> 2 Se position. There are 2 monomer per ASU.  I tried FINDNCS ( I also
> have 4 very very weak Pt site positons), and the result seems not
> very convincing.  From the non-averaged DM map, I can see the solvent
> boundary, and I can barely see the two molecules.  I need to
> get the correct NCS-mask, or correct NCS matrix. When I put the NCS
> matrix I got from FINDNCS in DM, it didn't give me anything better
> then I got non-averaged map.
> I have also played with MAPROT, MAPMASK, NCSMASK, tried to get a ncs
> mask but without success.
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Jinsong
>
> PS: Anyone solved MAD with one Se in a 260 A.A. protein?  Any
> experience? Thanks.

* Clemens Vonrhein, Ph.D.          vonrhein@GlobalPhasing.com  *
*         Global Phasing Ltd.                                  *
*         Sheraton House, Castle Park                          *
*         Cambridge CB3 0AX, UK                                *
*    Tel: +44-(0)1223-353033   Fax: +44-(0)1223-366889         *
* BUSTER Development Group (http://Lagrange.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk) *