Re: [ccp4bb]: refine using merged MAD data of all 3 wavelength?

I'd be very careful about over-interpreting the increased redundancy you'd
get out of this. You maybe get a little reduction in random error, but
since you're collecting the same range of data three times, you won't get
any help on your systematic errors. On top of that you'll blow any chance
of getting a goo refinement of your anomalous scatterers, which can be
important if you've got something like a Hg derivative of a small protein.

If you really want to do this right, SHELXL using HKLF 2 and LAUE
instructions can deal with differing wavelengths and f'-f'' values. But
to simply average the three wavelength sets and report 3x the redundancy
seems a little dangerous to me.

						-Craig

--
Craig Behnke
Biomolecular Structure & Design Program, Univ. of Washington