Re: [ccp4bb]: MOSFLM 6.10 build-it-yourself version - IMPORTANT!

The next release of the CCP4 Suite, version 4.1, is currently undergoing
preparation even as I write.

Watch this bulletin board and/or the CCP4 webpages for further
announcements once the release has been made and is generally available.

Best wishes

Peter.

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Dirk Kostrewa wrote:

> ***    CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html    ***
>
> To my knowledge there was no announcement of a CCP4 version 4.1. Neither the
> CCP4 home page nor the most recent newsletter mention other versions than 4.0.
> Is 4.1 really out and I missed something, or is it still in its test phase
> prior to release?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Dirk.
>
> Harry Powell wrote:
>
> > ***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
> > ***    CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html    ***
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > It seems that many people who are installing the build-it-yourself version
> > of MOSFLM version 6.10 are confident enough to do so without reference to
> > the installation instructions.
> >
> > As a result, they are missing out on IMPORTANT information contained
> > therein!
> >
> > The MOSFLM version 6.10 code WILL NOT build with the current release
> > version of CCP4 (4.0.*) as it uses a CCP4 subroutine which does not exist
> > prior to version 4.1.
> >
> > I have included (in the distribution) a simple shell script to modify the
> > MOSFLM code so that it will build correctly with CCP4 version 4.0*.
> > Instructions for the use of this shell script are in the README files
> > under the INSTALLATION section.
> >
> > Sorry about any problems or confusion that this may have caused, but it
> > means that we don't have to release a new version of MOSFLM in a couple of
> > weeks to catch up with CCP4....
> >
> > Harry
> > --
> > Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Hills
> > Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH

Peter J Briggs, pjx@dl.ac.uk   Tel: +44 1925 603455
CCP4,         ccp4@ccp4.ac.uk  Fax: +44 1925 603124
             http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html
Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington WA4 4AD