Re: [ccp4bb]: CCP4_401 installation problem!! (on redhat 6.2)

 KC> When you installed RedHat, did you select the 'everything'
 KC> option?  If not, did you install the kernel sources package?

$ rpm -qf /usr/include/linux/errno.h
kernel-headers-2.2.16-3

i.e. what you need is the `kernel-headers' package.  You also need
`glibc-devel', of course.  In fact `glibc-devel' depends on
`kernel-headers', as it should.

 KC> I am wondering if this might be a prerequisite for libccif on
 KC> RedHat.

`glibc-devel' will be a prerequisite for building everything,
including Fortran stuff.

 KC> Tell me if that is the problem, and we can probably add a check
 KC> to the configure script.

For what it's worth, I've offered to help with using GNU autoconf in
the future.  With it, the compiler sanity check should fail without
glibc-devel.  [Autoconf wasn't featureful enough when the configure
script was originally hacked up.]

 KC> If you don't know what you have installed, try:
 KC>  rpm -qa | grep kernel-headers

or `rpm -q kernel-headers'.

HTH.