Re: [ccp4bb]: averaging with centred space groups

do you perhaps mean the case of (almost) purely
translational NCS ? in that case, see:

Kleywegt, G.J. and Read, R.J. (1997). Not your average density.
Structure 5, 1557-1569.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/htbin-post/Entrez/query?uid=9438862&form=6&db=m&Dopt=b

--dvd

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Jan Abendroth wrote:

> ***    CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html    ***
>
> Dear crystallographers,
> I think to remember that non-crystallographic averaging during density
> modification is less powerful in (c)-centred space groups than in
> others.
>
> Is this true or complete nonsense?
> Could anyone give me a reference for this?
> I can't find it any longer.
>
> Thanks in advance and regards
> Jan
> --
> ------------------------------
> Jan Abendroth
> Institut fuer Biochemie
> Universitaet Koeln
> Zuelpicher Strasse 47
> D-50674 Koeln
>
> Tel: +49-(0)221 470 6455 (Labor)
>                     6445 (Buero)
> Fax: +49-(0)221 470 5092

--gerard

                        Gerard J.  Kleywegt
Dept. of Cell & Molecular Biology  Bolshevik University of Uppsala
                Biomedical Centre  Box 596
                SE-751 24 Uppsala  SWEDEN

    http://xray.bmc.uu.se/gerard/  mailto:gerard@xray.bmc.uu.se
   The opinions in this message are fictional.  Any similarity
   to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.