[ccp4bb]: stereo viewing question

Hello,

I have been asked to find out how the "passive" (polarizing) stereo
glasses, (such as those sold by Stereographics for use with their
ZScreen products), compares to systems that use the "active"
(shutter-type) stereo glasses.  Is there any tangible viewing difference
between the systems using passive eyewear  vs. active eyewear?  We are
mostly concerned with image quality, but any other advise about comfort
or ease of use or other issues we should take into consideration are
also appreciated.  We would particularly like to hear from anyone who
has tried a projection system with passive eyewear for stereo 3D.

(Does anyone know of another forum that might be a better place to post
this inquiry, or of a web site with a review on this type of equipment?)

                               Thanks,
                               Susan

P.S.  Thanks to those who answered my previous related question.
        Susan Heffron
Dept. of Physiology and Biophysics
University of California, Irvine
 Irvine, CA  92697-4560   U.S.A.