Re: [ccp4bb]: Detwin Input and Output

Tristan,

Just to be sure, did you check carefully the centric and acentric
moments of intensity in the logfile of Scalepack2mtz? (you can do it
easily using ccp4i or typing loggraph myfile.log)

I have a problem like yours, crystals grow in 2 space groups: P212121
and P4(1/3)212 with the same cell dimensions.
In both cases there is no twinning as judged by the moments analysis
performed by Scalepack2mtz.

Ricardo

Tristan Fiedler wrote:

> Using the program DETWIN, the output plots are cut-off on the
> right-hand side.  This prevents reading of the legend, necessary to
> identify the various elements on the plots.
>
> Is it possible to resize the plots (preferably to use a larger area of
> space in the html output file)?
>
> Regarding the detwin input,  we suspect a twinned crystal since the
> orthorhombic space group (appearing tetragonal) has the a and b axes
> nearly identical.  Is the proper input for DETWIN the SCALEPACK output
> file scaled as orthorhombic or tetragonal?
>
> Thank you for the assistance!
>
> Sincerely,
> Tristan Fiedler
>
> --
> Tristan J. Fiedler
> Graduate Program in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
> University of Miami Medical School
>
> tfiedler@newssun.med.miami.edu

Ricardo Aparicio
PhD Student at LNLS - Lab. Nac. de Luz Sincrotron - Brazil
Protein Crystallography Group
http://www.lnls.br