Re: [ccp4bb]: RANTAN

Tristan Fiedler wrote:

> To experienced CCP4 users:
>
> Is is possible to imput the number of sites per molecule, per
> asymmetric unit, or per unit cell for RANTAN.  I am attempting to find
> heavy atom sites from MAD data.
>
> We are using the CCP4i (GUI).
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Tristan Fiedler
>
> --
> Tristan J. Fiedler
> Graduate Program in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
> University of Miami Medical School
>
> tfiedler@newssun.med.miami.edu

RANTAN in CCP4 is for the determinaion of heavy atoms in protein
structures. You don't need the number of sites. RANTAN works out the
phases for the large E-values and the Emap should show the possible
sites if the E-values are calculated from anomalous differences or FM
output by REVISE in CCP4. ACORN in CCP4 is another way to try to
determine heavy atoms.

Best wishes.

Yao.

--
Dr. Jia-xing Yao
Department of Chemistry,            Tel. 44-(0)-1904-432565.