[ccp4bb]: Twinning problems

Eleanor is right.  We solved a P42212 MAD structure using data from a
crystal that only went to 3.5 A.  (We did have better native).  There
was no evidence for an anomalous signal except possibly in the  low
resolution bins (~15-8).  We did have huge redundancy (approx 12 from
150 degrees) not really a problem unless your crystal is very sensitive.
There was a discussion on twinning in P4 /P422 a few weeks ago.  The
conclusion was that P422 data looks twinned in P4 (including the data
for this structure) but this data gives correct moments in P422 see
http://student.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/~ebrig02/twin/
and the BB archive
Best wishes
Nick

--
Dr Nicholas H. Keep
School of Crystallography,

email     n.keep@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Telephone 020-7631-6852  (Room 1083 Office)
          020-7631-6868  (Rosalind Franklin Laboratory)
          020-7631-6800  (Department Office)
Fax       020-7631-6803