Re: [ccp4bb]: Symmetry breakage, twinning, high b's ...

Jorge Iulek wrote:

> au. I carried out the refinement, which got stuck at:
> "Overall R factor = 0.2258 Free R factor = 0.2873 "

I only wish that my refinements were getting stuck at similar values.
This Rfree seems acceptable, take a look at the non-DOMBO work of DVD
(for PUBMED that's the crystallographer known as 'Kleywegt, Gerard'
which is in turn pronounced as Kleyweht Herard by his compatriots).

The odd/even distribution is a bit funny, but I am not convinced it's
worrying, unless other distributions indicate twinning as well.

BTW:

Piotr Paryzek wrote:

 > Hi,
 > I have a question: how to fix one probably good solution in Amore
 > and
 > look for another?

Referring to some older postings regarding the hierarchy for 'problem
solving in ccp4', I am tempted to remind to people that the unanimously
nominated option 1 (RTFM) can provide a wealth of information on some of
the problems encountered in daily crystallographic life.

		Tassos

--
NKI, Department of Molecular Carcinogenesis
Plesmanlaan 121 1066 CX Amsterdam NL