Re: [ccp4bb]: ccp4-4.1.1 ppclinux ccif problem..

Hi Wayne,

yes, this is a known system dependence with nm which is used in the
ccif Makefile.  This will, thankfully, disappear in the next release.
If you are willing to give the new version a try it is on the
download pre-release area

ftp://ccp4a.dl.ac.uk/pub/ccp4/prerelease/ccif.tar.Z

which replaces the old lib/ccif.  The changes are fairly minor, but I
cannot remember which files :-).

Alternatively edit up a exports.h by hand.  It will look like this

#ifndef CCIF_EXPORTS_H
#define CCIF_EXPORTS_H
#define  ccif_add_to_sort       ccif_add_to_sort_
#define  ccif_block_by_index    ccif_block_by_index_
#define  ccif_block_by_name     ccif_block_by_name_
#define  ccif_close_cif ccif_close_cif_
#define  ccif_context_status    ccif_context_status_
#define  ccif_copy_row  ccif_copy_row_
#define  ccif_do_sort   ccif_do_sort_
#define  ccif_get_char  ccif_get_char_
#define  ccif_get_int   ccif_get_int_
#define  ccif_get_real  ccif_get_real_
#define  ccif_get_real_esd      ccif_get_real_esd_
#define  ccif_get_text  ccif_get_text_
#define  ccif_init      ccif_init_
#define  ccif_item_type ccif_item_type_
#define  ccif_load_cif  ccif_load_cif_
#define  ccif_malloc_trace      ccif_malloc_trace_
#define  ccif_new_cif   ccif_new_cif_
#define  ccif_output_fmt        ccif_output_fmt_
#define  ccif_print_cif ccif_print_cif_
#define  ccif_put_char  ccif_put_char_
#define  ccif_put_int   ccif_put_int_
#define  ccif_put_real  ccif_put_real_
#define  ccif_put_real_esd      ccif_put_real_esd_
#define  ccif_put_text  ccif_put_text_
#define  ccif_release_context   ccif_release_context_
#define  ccif_release_sort      ccif_release_sort_
#define  ccif_search_context    ccif_search_context_
#define  ccif_set_line_limit    ccif_set_line_limit_
#define  ccif_set_msg   _ccif_set_msg_
#define  ccif_setup_context     ccif_setup_context_
#define  ccif_setup_sort        ccif_setup_sort_
#define  ccif_sort_context      ccif_sort_context_
#define  cifdic_to_symtab_main  cifdic_to_symtab_main_
#endif  /* CCIF_EXPORTS_H */

for a linux box.  Make sure that
exports.h > libccif-universal-ld.lis > libccif-universal-unix.lis >
libccif-universal.lis  (> meaning is newer than) using touch X.

Give one of these a try, if it does not work get back to me.  We
eventually sort it, if not there is the disable-ccif :-(.

Charles Ballard
CCP4