Re: [ccp4bb]: Re: your mail

You may also use XtalView to walk automatically through your protein and you can
choose from which terminal you want to start first-you can go for example from
the C-terminal backwards to the N-terminal and vice versa

Tassos

Quoting "Gerard \"DVD\" Kleywegt" <gerard@xray.bmc.uu.se>:

> >  I am wondering if there is way to automatically walk through a
> protein
> > structure from N-terminal to C-terminal, so to have a better sense of
>
> > chain trace than the ramp painting?
>
> isn't this what you do when you rebuild your protein ? you can use OOPS2
> generate O macros to take you from one residue to the next; see the
> manual at
> http://xray.bmc.uu.se/usf/oops2_man.html
>
> --dvd

>                         Gerard J.  Kleywegt
>     [Research Fellow of the Royal  Swedish Academy of Sciences]
> Dept. of Cell & Molecular Biology  University of Uppsala
>                 Biomedical Centre  Box 596
>                 SE-751 24 Uppsala  SWEDEN
>
>     http://xray.bmc.uu.se/gerard/  mailto:gerard@xray.bmc.uu.se
>    The opinions in this message are fictional.  Any similarity
>    to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

A.C.(Tassos) Papageorgiou, PhD          phone: +358 2 333 8012 (office)
Senior Scientist                        fax:   +358 2 333 8000
Turku Centre for Biotechnology          E-mail: apapageo@btk.utu.fi
BioCity, Turku                          URL: http://www.btk.utu.fi/~apapageo
FIN-20521, Finland