[ccp4bb]: microsource

hi,

we are looking into getting a Bede Microsource X-ray generator, being
drawn in by the perceived reliability of the device compared with rotating
anodes.  Having our own synchrotron in the backyard, beam strength is not
the most important criterion.  I would like to hear of the experiences
of anyone who has used a Microsource for macromolecular crystallography.

1) How satisfied are you with the Microsource?  what about reliability,
beam strength or other performance issues, support, etc.

2) Did you buy from Bede or from a reseller?  (Both Rigaku/Osmic and
Bruker seem to sell them)  Would you recommend this path to us?  why
[not]?

3) What optics are you using?  any comments on monochromaticity or other
beam quality issues?  what about ease of integration with your optics &
other equipment?

4) Anything else [relevant] that you'd like to mention?

thanks,

"Now that I'm a cranky, constipated old man I can afford to say that
 the younger generation of scientists makes me sick to my stomach."
                                                  - C.M. Kornbluth
                        David J. Schuller
                        modern man in a post-modern world
                        MacCHESS, Cornell University