Re: [ccp4bb]: Deleting by Chain ID

BS"D

> I am looking at an output file generated by FFFEAR, where lots of
> potential helices are written to a PDB file. Each helix candidate is
> written with a different chain ID. I would like to jump to each
> consecutive chain, then delete the whole chain in one go if I don't like
> it.
>
> My question is, what's the best way to do this. I have played with XFIT,
> and can't seem to do it there except by deleting 1 residue at a time.
> I've also looked at writing an O macro, but wild cards don't work - and
> there's no symbol for last picked chain. Ideas gratefully accepted.

  In xfit you can select the residues you want to get rid of, then in
the model window, under "Insert Residue" there is "Cut into buffer" or
something like that.  That will remove the residue(s) from the active
model, although it/they will still be visible.  If you write out a file,
the deleted parts should not be there.  Try it...

Harry

  Harry M. Greenblatt           | Phone: 972-8-934-3625
  Research Assistant            | FAX  :           4159
  Dept. of Structural Biology   |
  Weizmann Institute of Science |
  Rehovot, Israel 76100         | Email: harry.greenblatt@weizmann.ac.il