[ccp4bb]: Protein Dimensions

What is the best way to determine a proteins dimensions from the three
dimensional structure?  I could just measure from end to end at the
widest point (between CA's) in Xfit, but is there a better method that
would take into account a Van der Waals surface or something similar.

I'm not sure what the standard way of doing this is.

Thanks,

Mike

--
*********************************
Michael DiDonato, PhD

Tel: (858) 784-9261
FAX: (858) 784-2277

http://www.scripps.edu/~didonato
*********************************

begin:vcard
n:DiDonato;Michael
tel;fax:858-784-2277
tel;work:858-784-9261
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:The Scripps Research Institute;Department of Molecular Biology
version:2.1
email;internet:didonato@scripps.edu
title:Research Associate
adr;quoted-printable:;;10550 N. Torrey Pines Road., =0D=0AMaildrop MB4;La Jolla;California;92037;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;-3648
fn:Michael DiDonato
end:vcard