Re: [ccp4bb]: putative disulfide bond based on 3D structure

Glad you asked...

My very first program (to learn Fortran) is doing exactly what you ask.  It
was written in 1988 with help from Bauke Dijkstra and it is nice to see it
still gets used. Just before Xmas I made a WWW interface for it so just go to
http://eagle.mmid.med.ualberta.ca/highlights.html and select SSBOND in the
tools section to upload your pdb for analysis, or download the source and/or
executable to run it locally.

Bart

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, OnLineHelpForm wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Sorry for this non-ccp4 related question, while I still hope that I could get the info I really want through this community. My question is:
>
> I work on a protein containing no Cys and with known crystal structure. What I want to do is to locate any two reasonably adjacent residues and mutate them into Cys so that them could form a disulfide bond without changing the overall structure of the protein. Manual inspection and calculation using graphic programs seems to be laboring. So, does anybody there know some programs that can be used to identify putative disulfide bonds on the basis of a known structure?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> Sen Zhang, Sen_Zhang@hms.harvard.edu

Dept. of Medical Microbiology & Immunology
University of Alberta
1-15 Medical Sciences Building
Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2H7, Canada
phone:	1-780-492-0042