Re: [ccp4bb]: DM does not want to be my friend

On Thursday 14 Mar 2002 1:25 am, Stephen Graham wrote:
> When I try to run DM I find that:
>   a) It can not determine the correct number of NCS monomers.  DM
>   guesses that I have 2 (which I think is wrong, I would say 4 or 8 but
>   am myself not sure).

The monomer count determination only works for simple cases. If you know what
it should be, enter your own value.

>   b) The mask seems to be changing after every round (even though I
>   have not asked for this to happen) which I do not really want as the
>   mask I have generated should be quite accurate.

You command file indeed does not turn on ncsmask updating, and so dm should
not be updating the averaging mask. However it will still calculate a solvent
mask every cycle. Are you sure you are not looking at this?

Also, turn of the 'MULT' option, it is obsolete.

Kevin

--
Department of Chemistry, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD