RE: [ccp4bb]: ArpWarp Mode Solvent

While not entirely CCP4 based, my question is addressed to those who have successfully used ArpWarp for solvent building.  Our model has R/Rfree of about 24.5/28.5 to 2.2 Angstroms resolution with no solvent built.

Is is best to use experimental phases for 'mode solvent', ie

Always -- unless your phases REALLY suck, I guess.  Not using phases is like chucking half of your observations.  (Well, maybe not EXACTLY half.  But it's the idea that counts.)

 [Do you plan to use experimental phases as input (i.e. for mode warpNtrace or warp) (Y/N) ? Y]

Secondly,  any suggestions on which REFMAC protocol is most appropriate in our case (shown below)?  I would assume either 'R' or 'W' but was curious if anybody has previous experience with others.

-----------------------------
  You can choose between the following REFMAC protocols:
    F   A fast protocol that works with good data.
    S   A considerably slower one which might work better in difficult cases.
    R   The slow protocol together with Rfree.
    P   Phased maximum likelihood refibement.
    O   The good old SFALL ...
    H   Optimised parameters for starting from heavy atoms alone.
    W   Optimised parameters for solvent building.
    A   Advanced mode for setting parameters manually.
  What is your choice  ? (F/S/R/P/O/H/W/A) W

P:  phased refinement.

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.