Re: [ccp4bb]: conversion of phases obtained from SHELXE to O readable map

Ram Thaimattam wrote:

> Dear All,
> I would be grateful to you if you could help me to find a way of converting
> the phases written by SHELXE (which outputs phases in an XtalView format) to
> the format that is readable by O. It is mentioned in the SHELXE manual that
> the phases can be improved by by density modification using programs like DM,
> SOLOMON etc.
> Thanking you,
> Sincerely,
> Ram Thaimattam

Dear Ram,

Did you try f2mtz (ccp4)?
CCP4i can do it for you easily ("reflection data utilities" -> "convert
to mtz & standardize")

Hope it helps you,

Ricardo Aparicio

PS: as far as I know, O is able to handle maps, not phases. You probably
have tools to obtain maps from the Shelx phases (maybe convert later to
O format using Mapman - USF). You will need to convert to mtz in the
case you need to use DM, etc.