Re: [ccp4bb]: MIR phasing

> There are about significant 300-400 peaks(>3sig) in both the heavy atom
> difference patterson maps. This is really anoying. I am not sure where
> exactly I am doing mistake. In this regard I request to kindly help me out
> to solve this  problem.
> Sincerely,
> Ram

In a typical density map of lets say 1 million grid points you would expect to
get several hundred >3 sigma peaks just by chance. These are not necessarily
significant peaks, just the tail of the normal distribution. Just sort the
peaks to have the strongest ones on top and start looking at those. Programs
such as SOLVE will normally do a good job at interpreting your MIR data for
you so you shouldn't have to sweat over Patterson maps apart from the good
learning experience.

Bart

Dept. of Medical Microbiology & Immunology
University of Alberta
1-15 Medical Sciences Building
Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2H7, Canada
phone:	1-780-492-0042