Re: [ccp4bb]: if you use OS X: blt and pymol automatic install

Hi Folks:

If you use Mac OS X and use fink to install opensource software, here
are a couple of things that might make your life easier:

1.  In addition to tcl/tk,  fink now allows you to install blt
automatically, which will make using CCP4i easier.

2.  fink install pymol      enables you to install this python-based
molecular graphics program.

Bill Scott

Here are the directions for instaling blt that they sent to me:  (They
have been very helpful and responsive.)

There is now a package for the BLT toolkit in cvs, the latest version
2.4y. Do a 'fink selfupdate' and the package can be found in
/sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/finkinfo/x11, copy it's respective .info
and .patch to /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo, then give it a go. If
it works fine for you I will move it to stable.

Cheers
Matt