Tcl/Tk/BLT executables for Linux Re: [ccp4bb]: Re:

"wish" contains Tcl (scripting language) and Tk (graphical components),
and should be sufficient to run the majority of the interfaces within
CCP4i. However, without the BLT extensions you will be unable to use
some parts of the interface, for example Loggraph, Sketcher, and the
"Edit Restraints" interface.

I don't have any experience of installing the Linux rpms (I work on an
Alpha) so I can't comment on the problems. I have however now built some
Tcl/Tk/BLT executables (from the source code on our ftp server) on a
Linux machine running RedHat 7.2, which can be downloaded via

ftp://ftp.ccp4.ac.uk/pub/tcltk/README.html

I guess these should be as portable as the Linux binaries for CCP4 4.2.

Hope this helps

Peter.